There are over 3.5 billion social media users worldwide.
This simply means nearly half of the world population is on one or the other social media channel. (Emarsys, 2019)
Of all the social channels Instagram is your best bet to cultivate a loyal following that purchases stuff online.
- Instagram has 1bn Monthly Active Users
- Instagram sees more than 95 million photos uploaded every day
- The posts get millions of likes.
- So far 40 billion photos were shared on the platform
- On an average people spend 15 minutes a day on the app
- 90 percent of Instagram users are younger than 35
- Instagram stories nets the highest engagement on the channel.
- 91% of retail brands are active or have profiles on at least two social media channels.
- 81% of all small businesses are active on some kind of social platform according to LinkedIn
- Social media gained 328 million new users between October 2018 and October 2019
- On Facebook messenger and whatsapp people send over 60 billion messages per day.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
- One study found that social media has trivial effect on teenager’s lives
- Another study outlined a range of effects.
Around 70% of the adults in the United States are active Facebook users.
According to eMarketer, 90% of millennials, 77.5% of gen xers and 48% of baby boomers are active on social media channels.
Millennials continue to lead the pack and they access these channels on their smartphones.
54% of social media users according to GlobalWebIndex reportedly use the channels to browse and hunt for new products. They are actively reading reviews and recommendations. That’s why a notable presence on social media is crucial to success online.
Of these channels Instagram sports one of the highest engagement with their shoppable pins.
Also read my Fusebox podcast player review for 2020.